Apply for an internship and volunteering program with Gawad Kalinga
Our internship and volunteer program is open to students taking a bachelor or master’s degree, as well as new graduates. We offer a wide range of missions depending on your level of training, aptitude and mindset.
We are looking for interns and volunteers showing the following personal abilities or eager to develop them: autonomy, initiative, entrepreneurial spirit, empathy, perseverance, resilience, humility, optimism, adaptability, and self-discipline.
We invite you to join our program to develop your ability to understand and adapt to another culture, step out of your comfort zone and learn new ways of thinking!
Agribusiness development manager
As a development manager, you can work on the following topics:
- R&D – new product development
- Stabilization and standardization of existing products
- Audit and improvement of production processes
- Production follow-up
- Supply chain development (research and implementation)
- Business planning
- Marketing strategy & product positioning
- Community partner training
- Quality control
Depending on your profile and current needs of the the Farm Village University, you could be assigned to any of the following:
- Enchanted Farm business development: You can work for the Farm Village University itself and develop your skills in design, marketing, finance, communication, customer service, and project management.
- Social Incubator: You can participate in building the different programs offered to the social entrepreneurs, following-up their progress and promoting social entrepreneurship to young professionals.
- SEED Philippines: You can join our newly started school (college level) and work with us to build opportunities and programs for our students.
- Incubated Social Enterprises: You can work as partners with the social entrepreneurs on the development of their business.
Social business partner
GK Enchanted Farm is incubating around 30 social enterprises at different stages of development. You can work as partners with the social entrepreneurs on the development of their business. Learn how to manage a startup and respond to the challenges of social enterprises!
Working closely with the entrepreneurs, you will:
- be proactively involved in running operations
- make propositions in defining the development strategy of the entreprise on all aspects (sales, finance, human resources, supply chain, etc.)
- help the entrepreneur to analyse the market and adapt the offer
- help the entrepreneur grow the market, manage new and existing customers
- help the entrepreneur build the logistics of the entreprise
- help the entrepreneur build the supply chain of the entreprise
- define KPIs and help in producing monthly reports
- participate in the development of new projects
- participate in managing, and developing the organization
- train and mentor the community partners and young apprentices involved in the social entreprise
As an intern in the finance departement, you will be involved in:
- Manage the capitalization needs and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of GK-Enchanted Farm team
- Assist the CFO in managing the accounting, human resources, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury department
- Implement financial policies and procedures
- Assist the CFO in overseeing the company’s transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Monitor cash reserves, financial targets and forecasts
- Produce up to date financial information and report to the management team and the board of directors
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of government agencies
- Train the GK Enchanted Farm staff on financial management and cost efficiency
- Work with the different teams to improve their processes
Social business program officer
As part of the social incubation team, you will be working in:
- Organize and implement the Social Business Camp
- Recruit potential new social entrepreneurs
- Work with potential social entrepreneurs on their business ideas and prototypes
- Create Incubation plans and implement them
- Keep track of the Incubation process
- Assist the social entrepreneurs in solving their challenges and growing their businesses
- Plan various workshops and events to provide incubatees with the business skills they need, and execute them with the help of their team members
- Develop the mentor network for the Incubator
- Plan various workshops and events to build a sense of community amongst the social entrepreneurs incubated in GK-Enchanted Farm
- Assist the Social Incubation Manager in planning the activities, resources, budgets and operations of the Farm
As a partnership builder, you will be part of the GK Enchanted Farm PME department (Partnerships-Marketing-Events).
In order to build an inclusive platform and grow its impact, Gawad Kalinga and the Enchanted Farm chose a marketing strategy based on relationship building with different kinds of partners: schools, corporations and governmental agencies.
As an intern in the PME departement, you will:
- Plan and deliver world-class events for our different partners, including developing events and programmes, identifying and approaching relevant high quality speakers, and working with the events team to ensure the successful delivery of the events.
- Support the PME Manager to provide high standards of relationship management to existing partners, to encourage organisations to deepen their involvement with GK-Enchanted Farm.
- Write high quality external communications documents, including update emails to partners, new business proposals, partnership contracts and other marketing material as required.
- Build strong relationships with potential future partners, ensuring meetings are followed up on, and opportunities to collaborate are maximised.
- Support the PME Manager with administering our partner relationships, through ensuring timely invoice raising, and preparing partnership agreements where appropriate.
- Share the advocacy of GK-Enchanted Farm to all partners, big or small!
Short term missions
For short-term missions, applicants must form a group of 4 to 8 persons. Please send only one application for the entire group.
If you do not have a group yet, you could also submit an application and we’ll put you in contact with other people who are also searching for a group.